Pharmacy insurance is entering a new era. With this innovative pharmacy package you don’t have to worry about the insurance chapter anymore, because we offer you 10 different insurances in a single package. An insurance with unprecedented coverage for all your pharmacy needs, including the professional liability insurance of a pharmacist required to register in GESY.
What does the Pharmacy Insurance Package Cover?
The pharmacy insurance package covers risks related to a pharmacist’s assets and operations as well as his liability to customers and employees, as described below:
1. Property Insurance: This section covers material damage to buildings, renovations, furniture, equipment, and stocks.
2. Consequent Damage: In the event of one of the insured risks such as fire etc., the pharmacy is compensated with an amount for loss of income.
3. Employer Liability Insurance: Insurance for pharmacy employers in accordance with the required insurance provided by law
4. Employee Dishonesty Insurance
Insurance against the stealing of money or stock by the employees of the pharmacy
5. Windows and Signs: Coverage for the Pharmacy’s signs and windowpanes against all risks (All Risk), for example you come to work one morning and find the pharmacy’s glass panes cracked.
6. Public Liability Insurance to third parties: Insurance against third parties for bodily injury or damage in the pharmacy premises based on the relevant legislation on public liability
7. Goods in Transport: Insurance for the transport of medicines or other products to and from your premises.
8. Damage to Medicines in Refrigerators & Freezers: Insurance against any damage to medicines or other products stored in refrigerators or freezers, for example if the refrigerator compressor breaks down
9. Money Theft: Insurance against theft of money during working hours, when the pharmacy is closed and during the transfer of money to the bank
10. Professional Liability of a Pharmacist for participation in GESY: The Pharmacist’s Personal Liability Insurance covers the claims of third parties for compensation for property damage, bodily injury, or death, in the performance of his professional activity, if the insured is held liable for:
a) Any negligence or omission in the exercise of his profession.
b) Mistake or omission in the execution of instructions given to the insured’s assistants by the insured or substitutes of the Insured
c) Providing first aid in cases of urgent need within the limits of the exercise of his profession.
The obligatory coverage for participation in GESY is.
A. Insured amount:
For individuals, from €100000 it is increased to €300000.
For Companies, from €300000 it is increased to €600000.
B. Legal and Defense Fees
These include legal fees and court costs that may be required for the defend of any relevant claim, within the limits of coverage in the Civil Courts.
All the above are included in this package.
The information above may vary from Insurance Company to Insurance Company. Depending on the Insurance plan we will propose, we will give you all the relevant information required by the legislation so you can make your decision. Ask us today for an offer and, we will choose the most suitable package for your needs and budget.