CONTRACTORS ALL RISK INSURANCE - C.A.R.
CONTRACTORS ALL RISK INSURANCE – C.A.R.
From a single house to a multi storey building the “Contractors All Risks Insurance” covers all building work, from excavation to final completion, as well as all electromechanical work, e.g. water supply, sewage networks, electrical installations, heating , air conditioning networks, security systems. lifts, etc. It’s appropriate for the project owner, contractors, subcontractors and people associated in the worksite.
The cover also includes public liability of the insured to third parties suffering Bodily Injury/Death and/or Material Damage caused by the insured’s actions or omissions during building/construction works, Additional covers included in the basic cover:
- Public liability from use of project machinery solely and exclusively as tools inside the worksite, e.g. forklifts, hoists, cranes, winches, excavators, etc
- Public liability from loading/unloading materials in the worksite
- Public liability from fire, explosion, short circuit caused during works of the insured in the worksite
- Public liability for damage caused to neighbouring buildings from and during performance of insured works. Note should be made that the insurance will not cover damage caused from vibration, dislocation or weakening of the foundations of neighbouring buildings, nor damage caused from subsidence or landslide unless it is added to the policy.
- The insured’s public liability for loss or damage caused to underground cables and/or pipes or other underground utility networks (electricity, water supply, telecommunications, natural gas, etc.) from and during the performance of insured works.
The information above may vary from Insurance Company to Insurance Company. Depending on the Insurance plan we will propose, we will give you all the relevant information required by the legislation so you can make your decision. Ask us today for an offer and, we will choose the most suitable package for your needs and budget.